Sick, I boiled eggs for an hour

laughingllama75

Songster
11 Years
Feb 13, 2008
NH
and hubby says to use them, and I just can't. they smell gross, and the whites are not white. and they smell gross. I guess i will give them to the girls......without the shells on, of course. what a waster I am!

Well at least chickens are not picky!
wink.png

thank God, cuz' those are NASTY. ewwwww. I'm such a waster, thats what I feel worst about. I was tired from digging potatos all morning, so I sat down for "5" minutes. yep. forgot em, till hubby said, "is something on the stove". AAAGHHH!!
he.gif

Isn't that how the "Superball" was invented, back in the 1960's?

Don't be surpried if the chickens bend their beaks and refuse them. And don't feel bad, everyone has done something like that.

Quote:
LOL, they almost COULD bend thier beaks on them. But, they had some for a snack and loved them. You should have seen it........I rolled them to the chickens sort of, and they all chased the eggs. it was hilarious! they gobbled them up. mmmm, yum yum chickies!

If the ckooks ate them, you did not waste anything. Ever since I got chickens, I seldom use my garbage disposal! If you have old leftovers, crumbs, just because you cant eat it 'or' anymore of it, forgot to freeze it thing, etc. you are not wasting anything if you give it to your chooks. They will love you when you clean out your frig!

Did they explode?
We burnt out an old pan cause we left the eggs on for too long.
Eggs everywhere!
Quote:
Have you met our chickens?
They decide they don't like something just by looking at it.
mad.png

we never have leftovers.......we raise freezer hogs, so all garden and non meat leftovers we don't eat go to them, unless it is going to the girls first. my chickies are #1 around here, and they know it.
smile.png

I did peel the eggs, and then sort of crush up the shells, so they didn't look like "eggshell" anymore. they loved those too. especially the young'uns (6 week silkies and 10 week cochin bantams).
It was a feeding frenzy!

and NO, thank God! the eggs did not explode. I would have been sick if they did. the smell was enough to make me not want eggs for a while as it is............

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom