sick little chicken

williamwalz

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 15, 2015
I have a chicken that ate a bunch of Is plastic tassels Is there anything I can do to help her get it out she looks like she can't digest it What can I do is there some way to get her to pass this?

I have a chicken that ate a bunch of Is plastic tassels Is there anything I can do to help her get it out she looks like she can't digest it What can I do is there some way to get her to pass this?
Do you have a photo of what the plastic tassels look like?
How many do you think she ate?

If vet care is an option, that may be best if she's unable to pass them. She may need to have crop surgery. Some folks do their own surgery, that may be an option for you as well, if you are confident you can do it.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/diy-impaction-surgery.1500958/post-25101555
https://the-chicken-chick.com/chicken-anatomy-crop-impacted-crop-sour/

It depends on how many she ate and how large they are as @Wyorp Rock mentioned. Take a photo, place something we all are familiar with, a coin or ruler or pen, and then select full size when posting. Are there any sharp edges that can cut?

It may be that it will work its way out in her poop within the next twelve hours. Or if there are many and they are large, she will become impacted or they could lacerate her intestines.

First thing you should do before you mess around any further is to give her raw egg white to drink. This will coat things and help to prevent lacerations inside as the things move.

It depends on how many she ate and how large they are as @Wyorp Rock mentioned. Take a photo, place something we all are familiar with, a coin or ruler or pen, and then select full size when posting. Are there any sharp edges that can cut?

It may be that it will work its way out in her poop within the next twelve hours. Or if there are many and they are large, she will become impacted or they could lacerate her intestines.

First thing you should do before you mess around any further is to give her raw egg white to drink. This will coat things and help to prevent lacerations inside as the things move.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom