Sick looking goose

Jun 29, 2018
Noticed this goose laying down with his bill pointing towards the ground. I walked towards him then he got up but then layed back down and did the same thing, this other goose was pecking at him but then two other geese walked in front of him and pushed away the goose that pecked him. Then he got back up and his back looked kind of hunched and looked like he was trying to eat but looked like his mouth was bothering him a little bit.. as he was walking through the other geese they kept pecking him for some reason. He looked a little ill, not sure what could be wrong.

Attachments

• 2864AD62-83FC-4201-BACE-6E71F918CCC0.jpeg
    2864AD62-83FC-4201-BACE-6E71F918CCC0.jpeg
    657.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 62ED13AC-6493-4940-BBBC-BCD48C2EC111.jpeg
    62ED13AC-6493-4940-BBBC-BCD48C2EC111.jpeg
    458.4 KB · Views: 8
Could have eaten something toxic. Or could be old. No telling do people feed junk to them? But the flock will pick up quick on one of their own that’s sick and they will even run the sick off because weakness opens them up to predators .

Could have eaten something toxic. Or could be old. No telling do people feed junk to them? But the flock will pick up quick on one of their own that’s sick and they will even run the sick off because weakness opens them up to predators .

That’s what I kind of figured either one of those reasons, even tho I’m not sure what that was all about when I seen this other goose chase away the goose that was pecking the sick one as if he was trying to protect him. But that’s really crazy though I didn’t even think about that whole running the sick one off opens them up to predators. That could answer my question I had months ago when the families at another lake I knew all left during molting right after a few goslings had died randomly.

Back
Top Bottom