Sick Muscovy Duck -Anemia ?

dotter

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Cherry Valley,CA
I have an one year old muscovy drake that has been very listless for a few days, he does not want to walk much and does not shake his tail and hisses as he used to. His caruncles are loosing the red color and are turning greyish.
From what I could find on the internet ,he could have anemia, since he free ranges and I feed him chicken scratch. I can not find any treatment options exept someone feeds their muscovies wet catfood and dog kibbles, which my drake does not want to eat.
What should I feed him to get color back in his cheeks ?

Chicken scratch is not a food that is designed to meet dietary needs. It should be used as a treat only. Feed pellets (grower, layer) are formulated to keep birds healthy. Have you checked him over for bugs or wounds?

I have an one year old muscovy drake that has been very listless for a few days, he does not want to walk much and does not shake his tail and hisses as he used to. His caruncles are loosing the red color and are turning greyish.
From what I could find on the internet ,he could have anemia, since he free ranges and I feed him chicken scratch. I can not find any treatment options exept someone feeds their muscovies wet catfood and dog kibbles, which my drake does not want to eat.
What should I feed him to get color back in his cheeks ?[/QUOTE

My 2 year old muscovy is behaving the same way. I'm so worried about him. Did you figure out what was wrong with yours.

Back
Top Bottom