Sick New Rooster - Advice would be appreciated.

He was okay last night and actually ate a good bit. I'm about to head down to the barn this morning so I'm not sure if he hung in through the night or not.

Is there any "real food" I can give him?

Glad to hear he's hanging in there.
smile.png
you're doing a great job taking care of him.
Maybe try some boiled or scrambled eggs. Oatmeal, the old fashion kind, not instant.
Miriam

Quote:
Yogurt with live cultures will help get his tummy in order, old fashioned oatmeal, organic apple cider vinegar in the water, a clove of garlic can be added to the water (natural antibiotic properties), hard boiled egg, fresh veggies and fruits are nice treats, too.

I sure hope he is doing well. I was glad to hear that they can and often do recover from this. Please keep us posted on his progress.

As of tonight he is still hanging in there. Actually you can see one of his eyes today that was scabbed over yesterday. I don't get this at all.

He's still very depressed and lethargic. I have organic ACV for the horses' hooves so that's not a problem. I can make an egg for him in the morning too. Also have plenty of garlic for the horses (because of the antibiotic properties.)

Thanks for your help everyone!
smile.png
Keep the poor little guy in your prayers. I'll try to get an updated picture of him tomorrow if he makes it.
sad.png

Awww, I'm very sorry to hear that. You gave him your best effort to make him comfortable and I'm sure he realized it. I thought of him often and really hoped he would pull through.
Stephanie

Dogwood, Im sorry that he didnt make it.
sad.png

Remember to thoroughly clean and disinfect the cage and all feeders, waterers, and equipment that you used for the sick rooster. Some virus' can remain viable for months.

chel

Back
Top Bottom