Sick old chicken, bleeding Help!

Boozo

Hatching
12 Years
Jan 21, 2008
Hi all

Just let the chickens out and our old nuggets has yellow watery poo and is bleeding. She was reluctant to get up and leave the hen house, but eventually did, she's not eating and not drinking. The blood is fresh and is from her bottom, not a wound. How comb is very pale, her head is low. She's been walking around gingerly and occassionally looses her balance. She's pretty old, 5/6 years and hasn't been laying for at least a year.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Boo:(

Thanks for your help. I thought it could have been Cocci, so I took her to a local small holders outlet. It turns out she's got a bad respiratory infection, diahrea is a side effect and the blood, well theres no more and no wound, so it's a mystery. They gave me some mystery drops to put in their water to clear up the infection. As she's not drinking I gave her some with a syringe (no needle), she soon got the gyst, looks like I'll have to continue drip watering.

She's pretty much the same today, wobbly and poorly, but no worse, fingers crossed. The other mystery was that she has a full crop, the guy at the shop said it wasn't hard enough to be compacted and that she'd probably been eating behind my back, but I'm not convinced. She's still toileting, it's bright yellow and very runny. Time will tell, patience is a virtue!

Regards
Boo

Back
Top Bottom