Sick or Normal- TONS of feathers everywhere- Worried

Thanks - I laughed out loud about the pillow factory
lol.png

I am hoping the colder weather will kill if it is lice/mites and my girls grow the feathers quick as the weather is getting so cold here for them without the warmth of the feathers.

Iv'e been feeding them dry catfood (with extra vitamins/protein) 2 times a week over the last 3 weeks and will try some wet food too. I give them the black sunflower seeds as treat daily. They seem to really like them.

Will try some of the suggestions too for my girl with the bare bum- not a feather at all on her- worry she will freeze this winter! Any other suggestions are greatly apprecaited for her!

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

I would suggest you get AviaCharge 2000... molt is hard on a bird and catfood as a reg supplement is ill advised as the salt content and some of the vitamins and ratios of those will not be correct for a chicken. All the literature advise to give a supplement at this time...Avia Charge 2000 is one of the few complete supplements I know of (and is suitable for Organic Certified too) with everything in the correct ratio to each other which is sooo very important. (you can order online from McMurry or Strombergs)

Quote:
Cold weather will just encourage more lice/mites to stick to your birds as they live on the bodies and eat the chickens skin/feathers/dander/blood. If you do indeed have mites or lice, get a poultry powder and dust them.

Back
Top Bottom