Sick or upset??

sarahfl

Hatching
Mar 25, 2017
I just introduced a new flock of 3 to my flock of 4 and followed all the right steps and it went very smoothly. However, the last two days the hen highest on the pecking order has been acting weird. The first day or two she didn't want to leave her roost. Today she is kind of just laying around. She's drinking but doesn't seem interested in eating. There is also some green droppings in the coop from overnight. She still gets up and walks around if I walk towards her. Everyone else seems healthy and fine. The new flock is still a bit too young for me to know if there is a rooster. At first I was thinking she might be upset if the pecking order has changed, but now I am concerned she might be sick. Any advice?

Welcome to BYC!
When you say you just did the integration, how long have the new birds been with the existing flock? What process did you follow and did the steps you took include a quarantine of the new birds prior to integration?

Yes they've were quarantined for about two months. Over the last two weeks they have been in the run but separated. Then starting Wednesday I had them sleeping in the coop and free in the run by Thursday. Thanks!!

Welcome to BYC!
When you say you just did the integration, how long have the new birds been with the existing flock?  What process did you follow and did the steps you took include a quarantine of the new birds prior to integration? 

Any ideas? Thanks so much for your help.

Back
Top Bottom