sick over Rcom performance

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bat Cave Silkies, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    My husband got me a Rcom Suro King bator for my birthday.....the first two months it ran beautifully!! excellent hatch rates with bought eggs

Last month I couldn't get the humidity right....according to the Rcom the humidity was like 82%...put a dehumidifier in the room and everything...never could get the humidity down. Finally, I placed two hygrometers in the bator and the ACTUAL humidity was like 60%.....couldn't get the Rcom to program correctly, so I just adjusted the humidity in my mind, and had a GREAT hatch.

A week ago I set another couple of dozen eggs---some were bought but most were mine (so I know the eggs were good). Anyway, candled last night and only had 5 developing, and the veining on those were not as advanced as I knew they should have been. So, I put two thermometers and hygrometers in the bator and closed it back up. The d*mn temp was only 93 degrees!!! no wonder there was no develpment!!! and of course the humidity was way off.

This bator is only 4 months old!!! Anyone else having major issues like this with their Rcom??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by