Sick peachick

Jrd7788

Songster
Oct 27, 2018
My mom recently bought two peachicks along with two frizzle chicken chicks that came with them/were their cage mates. This happened while I was away at my grandmas. One of the chicks is acting lethargic and wont move or eat or drink and my mom is very worried because we’ve had peachicks before and they passed away. Any suggestions/ideas/advice??? image.jpg image.jpg

Cocci is very hard on chicks and if not treated asap the outlook is grim. The only other thing is if the chicks got chilled. Sick chicks are not eating or drinking so you will have to mix up some corid and tube up to one ml (start with less the first time) using a one ml syringe without a needle unless you have a crop feeding needle. If it is not eating mix some Kaytee baby bird feed in the corid water to give the chick some nutrients. Do not give any vitamin B when treating with corid.

Cocci is very hard on chicks and if not treated asap the outlook is grim. The only other thing is if the chicks got chilled. Sick chicks are not eating or drinking so you will have to mix up some corid and tube up to one ml (start with less the first time) using a one ml syringe without a needle unless you have a crop feeding needle. If it is not eating mix some Kaytee baby bird feed in the corid water to give the chick some nutrients. Do not give any vitamin B when treating with corid.
Thank you for all this . The chick passed. My mom just called me to let me know

Back
Top Bottom