sick peahen

isuperman35

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 21, 2013
Have a year-ling peahen that won't stand up. No obvious injury, but send like she can't put weight on her legs. Her partner peacock has been gone for almost two months (predator most likely) and she left several times to find him, but then returned and just hung out and ate/drank with chickens. Sick or injured? What's my next step?

Get her a new male, she is probably lonely and depressed and some injuries you cant see because there hidden. good luck, it also could be a disease or sickness effecting her leg mussels.

Poor girl.

Is she in a pen? I don't have experience with this, but I've seen stories here of peas injuring themselves by flying up and hitting the top of the pen, that sometimes result in this inability to walk. Some seem to just recover by themselves.

Does she have any other symptoms? Is she eating, drinking, pooping, is she droopy, breathing funny, etc.?

She is free range...not eating/drinking..worried she is severely hydrated because she spent the day laying out in yard and 100+ today

If shes dehydrated maybe someone can reccomend a way to tube her some liquids, maybe electrolytes? I'm sorry im new to raising peafowl, but maybe someone more knowledgable has a suggestion for you. Hope she gets better.

Back
Top Bottom