Sick Pirate Bird Help *with video of sound*

So the lathargic one hadn't eaten or drannk (except from us) in 2 days also their was mucus in her mouth and nose

so I put some feed, vitimined water, vet rx, 1 pecan, mealworms, and parts of an apple, bannana, and tulsi in a food proceccer. Made a sauce like mixture and squirted it into her mouth along with water. She has color in her eyes and is sleeping.

All the other birds are coughing and sneezing but theyre running around eating and drinking.

I use nanosilver (sovereign silver is the brand I use) and it works really well. You can put a few droppers full in their water dishes and I also give a dropper full directly for any chicken of ours who is sneezing a couple of times a day. They usually stop sneezing by the next day. Oregano essential oil is extremely powerful as an antimicrobial antiviral antibacterial and in studies performs much better than antibiotics and has no toxicity. I put a drop on their chest from my finger and rub it gently just topically on the feathers not onto the skin or you can put small half drop on the end of beak with your finger. Be careful to stay away from eyes, its very strong. These really work fast and the silver will protect the others. Put the drop on your finger first, then dab on. Homeopathics in the water dishes work well too. The same ones we use for ourselves, like oscillococcinum. Antibiotics destroy essential gut bacteria and the immune system so I always use natural remedies. Antibiotics are also losing their effectiveness and create mutated strains of bacteria.
Our turkey had the same symptoms last year and I used these methods and she recovered quickly. I also add silver and homeopathics to the water when the weather gets colder rapidly as a preventative.
We just had our mini horse colic this morning and i applied essential oils and massage and walked her around and she is fine now.
These options will allow you to do something that will work with the body instead of against it. Its best to use organic essential oils, for better quality and purity.
Blessings and best wishes.

So the lathargic one hadn't eaten or drannk (except from us) in 2 days also their was mucus in her mouth and nose

so I put some feed, vitimined water, vet rx, 1 pecan, mealworms, and parts of an apple, bannana, and tulsi in a food proceccer. Made a sauce like mixture and squirted it into her mouth along with water. She has color in her eyes and is sleeping.

All the other birds are coughing and sneezing but theyre running around eating and drinking.
Sounds like you are doing what you can to keep her hydrated. Liquids are important.
Have you also given her Tylan50?

Since she has quite a bit of mucous, look inside her beak just to make sure she has no sores too.

Thanks, never thought about having oregino as an essential oil, definitely picking that up tommorow

yep, tylon 50 orally but changed it to needle today for her and the rest tommorow for the last 3 days.

Her eye was watering earlier now is swollen so I cleaned it then green goo and vetrxed it. After forcefeeding her earlyer she regained balance and sort of responsive ness roosting in my a
Chairs arm

As soon as the antibiotics are out of the way im going to start off and on probiotics i just got into their food

Thanks everybody I know this sorta has been a lengthy thread

20181116_104913.jpg
Shes doing better but I just found this? Anyone know what this could mean. I tried looking it up berifly due to time but no luck

Also heres a video of me feeding her

View attachment 1591544Shes doing better but I just found this? Anyone know what this could mean. I tried looking it up berifly due to time but no luck

Also heres a video of me feeding her
Isn't she Sweet! Nice video:)

I can only assume that she has infection in the ear canal too - have you looked to see if there is pus inside?
The Yellow on the earlobe, not quite sure about that, does it wipe off or anything?

upload_2018-11-16_13-55-27.png

No puss dosent wipe off so I put some terramycine near her eyes csuse there swollen and her earlobe. Think googone or hen healer could do the trick tho?

Last edited:
No puss dosent wipe off so I out some terra ointment or whatever onbut lost it jn the yard. Think goo gone would do the trick?
What does it feel like? Waxy or just the texture of her earlobe?

I would be inclined to just watch the yellow part for a couple of days just to see if it increases in size, stays the same, etc.

Back
Top Bottom