Sick Polish Chick

EdenLost

Hatching
Apr 28, 2023
I feel as if I've exhausted all other resources for a chick I have that is not doing well, and desperately hope someone can help here.

I have a white crested black polish chick that is about 10 weeks old now. I got her from Hoovers Hatchery with 4 other polish varieties and some orpingtons. 2 weeks ago, I moved them out of the brooder to the big coop and noticed about 24 to 48 hours after that she looked a little crooked. I immediately removed her and put her back in the brooder to evaluate. She definitely has wry neck, and I've been treating her with 400IU of vitamin E with 50mcg selenium. She's eating and drinking okay, fortunately her neck is not that severally bent but she has been very lethargic. She also appears to be molting, but the feathers on her crest are either taking forever to grow back or they just aren't growing back. Her symptoms have not changed in over a week. Not worse, not better. But she's very tired, and sleeps most of the day and night. I've been rotating out other polish chicks to keep her company and closely monitoring to make sure they aren't responsible for her missing crest feathers. Does anyone have any suggestions for her? I'm getting some Poly Vi Sol today to start adding to her regime but we are currently only using Nutri Drench in her water with the vitamin supplement.

None of the other chicks have any symptoms. Her stool is fine, eating and drinking is okay, and she walks fins and doesn't show any obvious dizziness or anything.
20230423_072154.jpg

Attachments

• 20230424_203052.jpg
    20230424_203052.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 3
Maybe give her some high protein foods to help feather growth. Sorry I can't help more. ☹️

Back
Top Bottom