The entire flock (9 hens, 1 roo) was treated for worms with ivermectin 7 days ago since we had a wormy poop from someone.

I can only find safeguard paste for horses here... would that work? Everyone I spoke to in my area recommends ivermectin pour on which is why I went for that.
Did you get photos of the wormy poop?
What did the worms look like?

Is she pooping at all? Photos?

Can you look inside her beak, it looks like she has some lesions in the beak - does her breath smell bad or rotten?

For worms, I'd treat with the Safeguard. If Equine Paste is what you have available, that will work fine. Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

1691636411746.png

Did you get photos of the wormy poop?
What did the worms look like?

Is she pooping at all? Photos?

Can you look inside her beak, it looks like she has some lesions in the beak - does her breath smell bad or rotten?

For worms, I'd treat with the Safeguard. If Equine Paste is what you have available, that will work fine. Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

View attachment 3604735
I didn't, but they were small white worms. I think round worms? and the poop was orange-ish.

I also didn't get a picture of her poop, but it was normal (brown, white cap on top).

No bad breath at all.

Thanks for the information on how to deworm!

Back
Top Bottom