Sick Pullet! Please help!

I'm giving her 0.024% Corrid in her water, but she's actually not drinking on her own at all now and she's too weak to eat on her own either. It's possible she got into something, but I have no idea what. There's nothing out in the chicken yard that should be making her so sick. She may have eaten dirt, but all my chickens do that and it doesn't hurt them. Her breathing is normal, but she's twitching her head when I force feed her now. I'm starting to think it may be kinder at this point to just let her go.
I’m so sorry :( poor baby

I'm giving her 0.024% Corrid in her water, but she's actually not drinking on her own at all now and she's too weak to eat on her own either. It's possible she got into something, but I have no idea what. There's nothing out in the chicken yard that should be making her so sick. She may have eaten dirt, but all my chickens do that and it doesn't hurt them. Her breathing is normal, but she's twitching her head when I force feed her now. I'm starting to think it may be kinder at this point to just let her go.
I'm sorry she's not improving.

If you do decide to end her suffering, you may want to consider sending the body to your state lab to find out more. https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

Sorry that she is not doing well. You canntry to give her some undiluted Corid 0.1 ml per pound twice a day, in addition to having her drink the water. Where are you located? I also would recommend getting a necropsy by your state vet if you lose her.

It breaks my heart to say that we ended up losing Goliath last night. I'm going to be sending her body out to the lab for testing. I need to know what did this. She crashed so fast and so hard and if this turns out to be something contagious, I don't want to lose my whole flock.
I'm sorry for your loss.
Please let us know what you find out.

Back
Top Bottom