Sick Quail Chick help!

CoopedChik

Chirping
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Louisville Kentucky
Baby quail is Sick! I lost one of them after hatching I know that's not un common but a week later one of the siblings is having drooping wings and is very listless doesn't seem to want to eat either. I was gonna give them sugar water but I can't we are out, and my car is up on my Fiance's jack with the front wheels off, so sugar will have to wait until tomorrow
sad.png
So i gave him a drop of honey in his water, And some wheat germ in his feed, he won't touch the food but drank up the water. Then i was gonna refill the water when I remembered too much honey was too hard on a little birds body so I was gonna give him a lite syrup BUT all we had was lite corn syrup so I decided to try it and I thinked it helped a little because he became slightly more active and I fried up an egg and mixed a small amount in his feed to entice him to eat (that and the help of my littlest chick ) gave him encouragement to eat. Every one is fine. Just this little guy kinda seems like he's giving up. I'm kinda worried it's something internal (like an organ didnt develop right) because he has no other signs, no diarrhea or sneezing or anything just listless.

(Oh I also gave him a drop of de-wormer just in case)

All thats void he got worse top theory I got from vets was cancer actualy I lost him 2day and I feel sick because there was no helping him but I did all I could.

Last edited:
it wasn't cocci. He wasn't with chickens he was a week old quail chick with other chicks (aka quail) and i lost him around 4 today I'v been up 4 the past few days doing everything I could. But honestly I think it was just something internal and out of my hands.

I am sorry you lost him:hugs But I would rather they pass young than to keep on lingering and die later anyway. Like you said, maybe internal problems. Hope the rest do well.

Quote:
His siblings are all great actually I guess I'm lucky about that *hugs* thank you he is very missed
sad.png
was the sweetest little chick I've raised. But on a good note my other batch of chicks are due any time now, so life goes on
smile.png

I am sorry about your quail chick.
sad.png
Quail babies are very delicate and it is very common to lose one or two of them at brooding time. They require a lot more attention to detail than chicken chicks. But you did your best and good luck with your new babies!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom