Sick quail!!! Help please!

If it where me I would go to the feed store and get the small bag if intestinal cleaner for game birds. I think she is dehydrated due to a blockage. It's not a trauma injury as she can hold her head by herself. I really think it's dehydration due to blockage. The cleaner you will have to force feed her. It depends on if it so worth the time to you. I think it's like 10$ it's a small bag and says intestinal cleaner for game birds. I will see I feel have any around here and show you a pic. I know my feed store carries it. It cleans out their intestinal tract and removes blockages. Imagine being constipated and you can't eat or drink as it feels like your going to pop. Same thing for them. Get some oyster shell crumble as well if they are eating grasses because they don't get all the calcium they need eating grasses and fruits/veggies. It will take about a week of constant care. I did it for 3 birds cuz I was letting them have the pellets and grass since I cleaned the grasses out of the cage and feed them only crumbles I haven't had an issue.

Quick update...I have been sitting with her for a while and every time she poops she struggles, jerks around until it comes out. It is now a bright green and white. It happens every 10-30 minutes.

I also got her to eat 1/2 teaspoon of the feed slurry i made and i am still giving her water

Being as its not solid anymore is a good,sign. Keep feeding her the slush and giving her water. Her system is kicking it out. It is green because whatever messed her up was green. The white ismwhat you want to see. Let me know,if,it turns black. Black is a bad sign and not what we are looking for. So green with white is good it means she is fighting it off. Lots and lots of water to help her

She is still alive and kicking this morning. There was another of those dark pebbled poops but only half the size of a dime this time. Most recent was the green and white though.

Twice last night she took flight and crashed to the floor because she still couldnt use her legs properly. She seems pretty alert today.

Back
Top Bottom