Sick Ringneck Dove. PLEASE HELP QUICKLY

BaJa

Songster
Aug 2, 2017
Norwich, Ontario
Hi there. I have a very friendly white dove, have had it for 8 years now. Hes my pet. Now, for a long time already, hes been breathing heavy and with his beak open. Recently its gotten much worse and he is also sneezing all day. Fluffed up feathers and looks sick. Please help my little friend. No avian vets around here. He was always outside in a large aviary with a partner, but she got killed last night by a mink. And i think his sickness is gotton worse since the weather starterld getting colder and wetter. So hes inside in a cage now, with his fledged chick.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20210922_173333.jpg
    20210922_173333.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210922_173309.jpg
    20210922_173309.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Online based only on photos we can only guess as to what’s ailing your dove and how to help it recover.
A vet can hopefully give you a proper diagnosis and treatment. Based on his symptoms I’d say some respiratory illness. :confused:

I would think that dove is possibly reached old age, and may transition to the rainbow bridge. :hugs
How are the rest of your pets you list in your signature???

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:hugs

He isnt too old, doves can easy get 25. But ya hes getting there. But this is actually clearly some respiratory disease, but i dont know which or how to treat it. All other birds are happy and healthy, i also got him a new hen

Can you list all of his symptoms and post a pic of a recent poop?
Take a look inside his mouth too and try to get a pic.

Back
Top Bottom