Sick Rooster - Unbalanced, One Eye Closed, Not eating well

His comb will be very painful, so don't handle it, and certainly don't break blisters. Vetericyn spray is good for treating the comb, or leave it alone. It should heal eventually although it may be rounded.
Alright, will the gel be okay on his comb?

Today he is in good health but the eye is worse and more swollen than ever, what looks like a big ball of pus I think is actually part of his eye because I can see a vein going through it.

The Vetericyn eye gel would probably be fine--it is just more expensive to use. Can you try to squeeze and dig some of the pus out of his eye? Without doing that, the eye gel and antibiotics probably won't help. Tweezers, manicure tools, gauze, and QTips may help get the solid pus out of the eye. Many times the eye can be gone, but sometimes people are surprised to find the eye intact after getting the gunk out. Here are some threads to read:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1077568/swollen-eye-and-eyeball-seems-pushed-back
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1071718/nasty-eye-infection-pics

My Australorp all of a sudden last night became unbalanced and had her head turned towards the back. I noticed that one of her eyes is wide open the other almost closed (Both are clear no infection). She was fine yesterday running around. What are your thoughts? I gave some Vet Rx in her water and would have to go get Tylan if you think may help. Could she have fallen and damaged a nerve? I plan on highly disinfecting the coop tomorrow and spraying some Oxine. When she walks she keeps her head pointed to back and then ends up going in circles. I am very worried,

My Australorp all of a sudden last night became unbalanced and had her head turned towards the back. I noticed that one of her eyes is wide open the other almost closed (Both are clear no infection). She was fine yesterday running around. What are your thoughts? I gave some Vet Rx in her water and would have to go get Tylan if you think may help. Could she have fallen and damaged a nerve? I plan on highly disinfecting the coop tomorrow and spraying some Oxine. When she walks she keeps her head pointed to back and then ends up going in circles. I am very worried,
You've found an old thread (2016).
If you wish, start your own thread with symptoms or we can continue on this one.

Photos of the hen and her poop would be good.
Age?
Does she lay eggs?
What do you feed?

Imbalance and head turned toward the back sounds neurological (Wry Neck) - there's many causes of the symptom, some are Marek's, vitamin deficiency and head/neck injury.

Since her eyes are clear and you report no respiratory symptoms, then an antibiotic would be a questionable method of treatment. You won't find Tylan in the feed store it was pulled from shelves last year. It's very hard to find and mostly sold out online as well.

For Wry Neck symptoms I would start with 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet human B-Complex once a day. Keep her hydrated and give her 1 egg a day along with her normal feed.

You've found an old thread (2016).
If you wish, start your own thread with symptoms or we can continue on this one.

Photos of the hen and her poop would be good.
Age?
Does she lay eggs?
What do you feed?

Imbalance and head turned toward the back sounds neurological (Wry Neck) - there's many causes of the symptom, some are Marek's, vitamin deficiency and head/neck injury.

Since her eyes are clear and you report no respiratory symptoms, then an antibiotic would be a questionable method of treatment. You won't find Tylan in the feed store it was pulled from shelves last year. It's very hard to find and mostly sold out online as well.

For Wry Neck symptoms I would start with 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet human B-Complex once a day. Keep her hydrated and give her 1 egg a day along with her normal feed.
I can take a pic when I get home. Her poop is a little green but she enjoys the grass. She has never really been that much of an egg layer she is about at the year they stop. I feed her an organic layer feed (been feeding it to all the chickens all their lives). She is 4-5 years old. She is a very active chicken normally. With the Vitamin E do I need to get that at a feed store? I will try the vitamins. I also have electrolytes called Rooster Booster would that help as well?

I can take a pic when I get home. Her poop is a little green but she enjoys the grass. She has never really been that much of an egg layer she is about at the year they stop. I feed her an organic layer feed (been feeding it to all the chickens all their lives). She is 4-5 years old. She is a very active chicken normally. With the Vitamin E do I need to get that at a feed store? I will try the vitamins. I also have electrolytes called Rooster Booster would that help as well?
You would find Vitamin E and B-Complex at stores like CVS, Walmart, etc.
A lot depends on access to products-I know right now a lot of things are hard to get or you just may not want to go out.
The Rooster Booster would be good to give if you can't get the other.
Green poop could be from the grass. Sometimes it can be an indication of not eating well or infection too. Try to get some photos when you get home.

Have you introduced any new chickens lately?

You would find Vitamin E and B-Complex at stores like CVS, Walmart, etc.
A lot depends on access to products-I know right now a lot of things are hard to get or you just may not want to go out.
The Rooster Booster would be good to give if you can't get the other.
Green poop could be from the grass. Sometimes it can be an indication of not eating well or infection too. Try to get some photos when you get home.

Have you introduced any new chickens lately?
No new chickens have been introduced. Have our same 3. None of the others having any issues. Will get some pics when I get home. Do you just crush the vitamins and put in water and a syringe (sorry I hardly ever have sick chickens and this is new for me)

No new chickens have been introduced. Have our same 3. None of the others having any issues. Will get some pics when I get home. Do you just crush the vitamins and put in water and a syringe (sorry I hardly ever have sick chickens and this is new for me)
You crush the vitamins and syringe it, add it to food or just pop the tablet/capsule inside the beak and let her swallow it. You have options LOL

I'm hoping she improves. With her age...does she still lay eggs?

I am taking her to vet in the am but at least she is standing. She is a very strong resilient bird so prayers needed

Attachments

• 320BEC2D-CC00-41E2-856B-0310C6B7EE7D.jpeg
    320BEC2D-CC00-41E2-856B-0310C6B7EE7D.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 4
  • B6DA9257-F3DD-4B2B-87FA-8ABD754299B0.jpeg
    B6DA9257-F3DD-4B2B-87FA-8ABD754299B0.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 1F16C55B-998C-4579-8D1B-5CA7DCB46563.jpeg
    1F16C55B-998C-4579-8D1B-5CA7DCB46563.jpeg
    730.9 KB · Views: 4
  • C214C658-403D-4749-A64B-F263194D43FE.jpeg
    C214C658-403D-4749-A64B-F263194D43FE.jpeg