Sick Silkie chick, please help!

Kariann

Chirping
Jul 5, 2021
Tennessee
I think it's respiratory because she has boogers (I never knew chickens could have boogers, lol), my daughter thinks it's sour crop. She does smell sour, but she is also kinda dirty. She's on my shoulder, nestled in my hair right now. She is breathing fast and heavy, and occasionally lets out a sharp cry. I think she is in pain! Please view the video attached. What can I do for her??
I'm trying so hard to post a video, but it won't let me! Still trying

Last edited:
Have you added any new birds to the flock recently that might have brought in a respiratory disease, such as MG or coryza? Are there any bubbles or foam in an eye, or swelling around an eyelid? Check the crop early morning before she has access to food or water, and tell us if it is empty and flat, full, hard, or puffy. Is she drinking water? Pictures can be helpful.

Clean off the nostrils with salt water (1/2 tsp per 8 ounces water.) If there is crust, try a couple of drops of hydrogen peroxide and a QTip. If the eyes become gunky, flush with saline or eye wash, and apply Terramycin eye ointment 2-4 times a day.

Back
Top Bottom