Sick turkey chick!

Sleddick

In the Brooder
May 9, 2024
I found him at tractor supply and the other chicks were stepping on him his abdomen is swollen and he's very lethargic and he falls over a lot somebody please help figure out how to help this little guy I ended up buying him because it broke my heart

I’m sorry, that is heartbreaking. Poor guy. I don’t know much about turkeys, but I would start by trying to get him to drink. Gently dip his beak in some electrolyte water or Gatorade if you have some. Maybe try to gently dip it in some egg yolk too. How is his vent? It’s not blocked by poop or anything is it? Be sure to keep him warm.

It looks like it may be blocked he is so swollen. I had to manually give him water with some vitamins and minerals in it he is so pitiful

I found him at tractor supply and the other chicks were stepping on him his abdomen is swollen and he's very lethargic and he falls over a lot somebody please help figure out how to help this little guy I ended up buying him because it broke my heart

It looks like it may be blocked he is so swollen. I had to manually give him water with some vitamins and minerals in it he is so pitiful
Welcome To BYC

Can you please post photos of the Poult, his vent and the abdomen?

You mention that he may be blocked- what do you mean - is his vent blocked?

What are you feeding him?

Is his navel closed?

Welcome To BYC

Can you please post photos of the Poult, his vent and the abdomen?

You mention that he may be blocked- what do you mean - is his vent blocked?

What are you feeding him?

Is his navel closed?
He is eating a little, I have been feeding him Purina chick feed and giving him water with vitamins and minerals I will post pic and no his vent isn't blocked I thought it was but it was dried poop underneath

Back
Top Bottom