Sick turkey need help

Chris Guerrero

Hatching
Aug 29, 2021
I have a baby turkey i dont know how old it is ot what kind because someone gave it to me but the first couple of weeks it was doing great until i left for 2 days i came back and it looks sick and its laying down all the time and it eyed are closed if i make a loud sound it has no reactiong the others been pecking it and i took him out we gave him garlic and water but i dont know what to do i think it might die but im hoping not need advice

I have a baby turkey i dont know how old it is ot what kind because someone gave it to me but the first couple of weeks it was doing great until i left for 2 days i came back and it looks sick and its laying down all the time and it eyed are closed if i make a loud sound it has no reactiong the others been pecking it and i took him out we gave him garlic and water but i dont know what to do i think it might die but im hoping not need advice
Garlic is harmful to poultry.

It has no energy sadly

20210829_185647.jpg

Do you have access to nutri-drench? You could try giving it a small drop of that on the tip of it's beak to see if it will drink it on it's own so you don't aspirate it. If not you might also try and see if you can get it to take a drink of sugar water, once again just lightly tipping the tip of its beak in and not forcing it down just to see if it helps it perk up at all.

Any blood in it's poop? What does the poop look like? Does it have access to grit if eating grass or greens?

How old is it? Is the missing down on the back of the neck a natural loss or were they picked out by other birds?

Back
Top Bottom