Sick Turkey Poults?

The sickest one hasn't pooped in days and the other one has normal looking poo maybe a little runny. The worst one is completely off his crumble and the other is only happy to eat small crickets and grass hoppers but no crumble.

The sickest one hasn't pooped in days and the other one has normal looking poo maybe a little runny. The worst one is completely off his crumble and the other is only happy to eat small crickets and grass hoppers but no crumble.

I would boil an egg and peel it then open baby turkeys mouth take a piece of egg and put to back of their mouth and get them to eat it. Then I would give each one drop of tylan injectable orally and give it for several days twice a day.

Ok, thankyou for the suggestions I will try that. I will have to get the tylan tomorrow. Thanks again.

If you have a choice of tylan to get you should get tylan 50. Not sure why but it does work better than tylan 200 you just use little more. I have used both though.

Last edited:
My vet doesn't stock Tylan or Tylosin and only the front desk girl was there as the vet was out so she wouldn't dispense anything to me. I'm thinking if they don't stock tylan then a broad spectrum poultry antibiotic would be ok?

To give them something when they are ill is better than nothing. I always give it my best shot. I don't know if you have Atwoods where you are from but the is great place to get tylan.
http://www.kvsupply.com/KVVet/searc...DCB5B91F4F5E9D559BE29715D51&Gift=false&GiftID=
here is where I order quite a few vet supplies.
Tetracycline in water helps turkey poults quite a bit I have noticed too. I like to use it at times.

I have some soluble poultry antibiotic powder that is on back order at the vet it should be here by Tuesday. (I hope that it's going to be soon enough) the sickest one died yesterday. :( poor little guy. But the other one hasn't seemed to have gotten worse. I've been syringe feeding him boiled egg with turkey crumble mashed into some warm water, he is still off the crumble but will still take crickets and worms on his own, however it's only a couple and wouldn't be anywhere near enough without these ringer feeding. I did notice last night that he pooped a clear mucus so it makes me think coccidiosis.

Back
Top Bottom