Sick Wyandotte

Sandy777

Hatching
Feb 13, 2024
Does Corid also treat Salmonella? Im trying to figure out why my hen is sick Coccodia vs Salmonella. She is 18 months old lethathic for last 72hrs, opening & close the mouth acts like she is coughing, whitish around vents & liquid poop , avoiding feed. Help!

Does Corid also treat Salmonella? Im trying to figure out why my hen is sick Coccodia vs Salmonella. She is 18 months old lethathic for last 72hrs, opening & close the mouth acts like she is coughing, whitish around vents & liquid poop , avoiding feed. Help!
Please post photos of her , the inside of her beak, her vent and her poop.

Is her crop emptying overnight?
Any lesions or canker inside the beak?

She's coughing? Does she have a discharge from the nostrils, mucous, swollen facial tissue, bubbles in the eyes?

Salmonella usually does not show up as respiratory symptoms.

Corid will not treat Salmonella, it's a Coccidiostat, not an antibiotic. Corid will only treat Coccidiosis.

Sounds like she may have Vent Gleet and a Crop Problem - maybe a fungal/yeast infection or she has Canker.
Hard to know. Hopefully with some photos and information we can give you better suggestions.

Please post photos of her , the inside of her beak, her vent and her poop.

She's coughing? Does she have a discharge from the nostrils, mucous, swollen facial tissue, bubbles in the eyes?

Salmonella usually does not show up as respiratory symptoms.

Corid will not treat Salmonella, it's a Coccidiostat, not an antibiotic. Corid will only treat Coccidiosis.

Sounds like she may have Vent Gleet and a Crop Problem - maybe a fungal/yeast infection or she has Canker.
Hard to know. Hopefully with some photos and information we can give you better suggestions.
Please find attached video and pictures

Attachments

• IMG_8001.jpeg
    IMG_8001.jpeg
    670 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8004.jpeg
    IMG_8004.jpeg
    721.8 KB · Views: 3

I'd check her crop to make sure it's emptying overnight.

When was her last egg? Any bloat or feeling of fluid below the vent between her legs?
If she's not laid an egg and should have, then I'd give her Calcium Citrate with D3 for a few days.

Check her over for lice/mites.

If possible, get a fecal float to rule out worms as part of the problem.

Your hen is in crisis, I'm not quite sure what's going on with her, if you have vet care, that would be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom