Sickly duck at local produce store...

I'll definitely keep this in mind for our hen, she's on antibiotics right now and also has her foot wrapped.
smile.png
Thanks!

Latest picture of Whistles, he really loves perching on the side of his pool!

Going to have to cut them some perches when we moves. Two days, 11 hours! He also mounted my boyfriend this morning, thought that was hilarious when he told me. Another four days until we pick up Whistles some female company though.
smile.png
Oh can't wait to see Whistles with his new girls. He is so handsome. about the duck at the shelter, I just could not make up my mind if drake or duck at one angle it looked like a feminine face but the size was confusing me, but hopefully they vent sexed her she sure is pretty.

I'm about 98% sure it's a drake, even though the file has been updated to say 'female' he's being kept with the one other drake they have waiting for adoption and the girls are in a separate run. So I think the file update must have been a mistake, since it's even being treated as a drake by staff and it just looks and acts so much like the other drake, I'm sure it's a boy. Unfortunately, because he is super gorgeous! I love that blue-grey. But alas, I think we'll just have the one drake for the moment.

Had a bit of my jumper sleeve in his mouth, his caruncle growth is much more prominent on this side compared to his other side.

I'm about 98% sure it's a drake, even though the file has been updated to say 'female' he's being kept with the one other drake they have waiting for adoption and the girls are in a separate run. So I think the file update must have been a mistake, since it's even being treated as a drake by staff and it just looks and acts so much like the other drake, I'm sure it's a boy. Unfortunately, because he is super gorgeous! I love that blue-grey. But alas, I think we'll just have the one drake for the moment.

Had a bit of my jumper sleeve in his mouth, his caruncle growth is much more prominent on this side compared to his other side.

My drake loves to nibble on my clothes. Whistles is amazing, everytime I see him I keep thinking how far he has come. He's going to be so happy to have some friends.

Some videos, sorry if they're bad quality - I had to just grab the Instagram link as my USB cable is currently missing and Bluetooth takes *forever* to transfer videos. So it's in two parts since Instagram has a 15 second time limit. Basically I was sitting next to Whistles' pool, and he came over to chew on my shoes but then pulled himself on my lap, paused, then up a bit further and paused again for a (rather wet) cuddle and then (not in the video) proceeded to try and climb to the top of my head. Which didn't get filmed because I ended up dropping my phone, haha.

Part 1: http://instagram.com/p/pDFVlDgCCP
Part 2: http://instagram.com/p/pDGSdWgCDZ/

Haha, well turns out he loves his cuddles! I never really even used to pick him up very much, but he's taken to jumping into my lap multiples times every day since that video was filmed to settle down in my lap He'll be super excited and nibble my clothes all over, but when he calms down, he likes to tuck his head under my arm. Bit of a cutie.
love.gif

Also, we've moved! Finally! We moved a couple of days ago, but we don't have reliable internet - only what our mobile phone services can provide to our phones, and even then it drops out half the time or will only work in certain place of the property, haha. Back at our old home at the moment though to mooch off the stable internet connection. We also picked up 'Rose', that shelter ducky I posted photos of a while ago, she'd come into the hospital with a hook in her beak. Only...when we got another two females this afternoon and added them into 'Rose's coop - she mated one! Turns out 'Rose' should have actually been called 'Reece'! So HE goes back to the shelter tomorrow, we really, really wish that we could keep him - duck adoptions are tough enough without the duck being a male...but we don't have the facilities, or the money for extra facilities, for the amount of females a two-drake flock would need as yet. So he goes back.
hit.gif

But...on the up side...here's a photo with everybody, including our two girls! Taken a little bit before we found out 'Rose' is 'Reece'...

They are the absolute sweetest things, I'm especially in love with the little silver/white one in the front. They're supposedly about a year old, but the people they came from obviously had no idea how to properly house and care for poultry. They didn't have any pool to swim in, they were being kept in a backyard - which was entirely concreted and no grass or dirt or even straw outside of their open nest boxes, one of them has a small cut on her foot, their nails need cutting pretty badly and when the guy said he'd 'get them ready' for us to put in a pet carrier, he went to tie their legs together - though we stopped him from doing that. Absolutely horrifying. So we're still considering them rescue ducks, even though the guy we got them from had them listed for sale publicly.

Haha, well turns out he loves his cuddles! I never really even used to pick him up very much, but he's taken to jumping into my lap multiples times every day since that video was filmed to settle down in my lap He'll be super excited and nibble my clothes all over, but when he calms down, he likes to tuck his head under my arm. Bit of a cutie.
love.gif

Also, we've moved! Finally! We moved a couple of days ago, but we don't have reliable internet - only what our mobile phone services can provide to our phones, and even then it drops out half the time or will only work in certain place of the property, haha. Back at our old home at the moment though to mooch off the stable internet connection. We also picked up 'Rose', that shelter ducky I posted photos of a while ago, she'd come into the hospital with a hook in her beak. Only...when we got another two females this afternoon and added them into 'Rose's coop - she mated one! Turns out 'Rose' should have actually been called 'Reece'! So HE goes back to the shelter tomorrow, we really, really wish that we could keep him - duck adoptions are tough enough without the duck being a male...but we don't have the facilities, or the money for extra facilities, for the amount of females a two-drake flock would need as yet. So he goes back.
hit.gif

But...on the up side...here's a photo with everybody, including our two girls! Taken a little bit before we found out 'Rose' is 'Reece'...

They are the absolute sweetest things, I'm especially in love with the little silver/white one in the front. They're supposedly about a year old, but the people they came from obviously had no idea how to properly house and care for poultry. They didn't have any pool to swim in, they were being kept in a backyard - which was entirely concreted and no grass or dirt or even straw outside of their open nest boxes, one of them has a small cut on her foot, their nails need cutting pretty badly and when the guy said he'd 'get them ready' for us to put in a pet carrier, he went to tie their legs together - though we stopped him from doing that. Absolutely horrifying. So we're still considering them rescue ducks, even though the guy we got them from had them listed for sale publicly.
They are gorgeous and now that we see Reese with the girls it's even more noticeable that's a drake. And a very handsome one, I hope he can find a good home too. How is Whistles taking it all? the move new friends. Congrats on getting moved and set up. It's a big undertaking for sure.

Awe Whistles is too cute, what a little love bug! Congrats on the new additions, sorry Rose turned out to be a drake although he sure is a beautiful bird!

love.gif

hit.gif

That is super fantastic news
celebrate.gif
. Is the new house as wonderful as you imagined?
Sorry about Reece, hopfeully he can find a new home, just as wonderful as yours.

How is Whistles going with his new girlfriend and home??
I am no Muscovy expert but that female (closest to the blue bucket) doesn't look very scovie, especially in her face. Perhaps @Miss Lydia can say for certain???

That is super fantastic news
celebrate.gif
. Is the new house as wonderful as you imagined?
Sorry about Reece, hopfeully he can find a new home, just as wonderful as yours.

How is Whistles going with his new girlfriend and home??
I am no Muscovy expert but that female (closest to the blue bucket) doesn't look very scovie, especially in her face. Perhaps @Miss Lydia can say for certain???
Your talking about the duck standing directly next to Reece? thats dif a Scovy.

Back
Top Bottom