mothteas

Hatching
Jul 31, 2021
I have two Black Spanish turkeys, both are almost three months old (give or take a few days), and one of them is behaving very differently than usual. She’s moving slowly, her tail is drooping, her poop is green and white and it’s watery too. She isn’t trying to get away from me when I go to pick her up like she usually would. I’m having to administer water with extra vitamins by syringe because I haven’t seen her drink anything in the past two days. The average temperature in my area is around 90°F right now, but there are three separate waterers in her coop with fresh water. She is still eating a 20% protein feed and getting onto her roost at night. I think she may just be dehydrated but I don’t know why she wouldn’t just drink from the waterers like she normally would. I’m administering a pour-on ivermectin dewormer just in case it’s something else besides dehydration.

If anyone has anything I could do to help her feel better, please let me know!

I have two Black Spanish turkeys, both are almost three months old (give or take a few days), and one of them is behaving very differently than usual. She’s moving slowly, her tail is drooping, her poop is green and white and it’s watery too. She isn’t trying to get away from me when I go to pick her up like she usually would. I’m having to administer water with extra vitamins by syringe because I haven’t seen her drink anything in the past two days. The average temperature in my area is around 90°F right now, but there are three separate waterers in her coop with fresh water. She is still eating a 20% protein feed and getting onto her roost at night. I think she may just be dehydrated but I don’t know why she wouldn’t just drink from the waterers like she normally would. I’m administering a pour-on ivermectin dewormer just in case it’s something else besides dehydration.

If anyone has anything I could do to help her feel better, please let me know!
UPDATE: She’s doing much better now! I think she was just a little dehydrated and trying to conserve energy while the temperature was so high. Her poop is back to normal, she’s moving around more, and her tail isn’t drooping.

Back
Top Bottom