Sickness?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by KillerPanda200, Oct 10, 2016.

1. KillerPanda200

KillerPanda200 New Egg

Oct 10, 2016
    Ok so three weeks ago one of my white pekins died, yesterday the other one did also. The first one, Charlie, didn't really show any signs that she would die, I found her in her pool with her beak under water and I think she may have drowned but usually she would be able to get out of the pool so unless the two boys forced her to stay in there I don't know why it would have happened. Could she have been sick and too weak to get out? And the other, Nyx, showed no signs of any sickness and was running around the afternoon before he died (we found him in the morning), and he was just laying there dead. I'm worried for my other duck and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some advice.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Without a necropsy, you won't know exactly what happened.

Ideally, a good duck vet can run some tests and see if there is a problem with your duck.

Look around their environment for standing fetid water, or dead animals, or poisons of some sort. Has anyone been spraying or putting down fertilizer or other chemicals? Are there venomous animals in your area?

3. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

Without much information from you....It is impossible to say what might have caused the deaths...Feed, Housing, water, free range?

Ducks are usually tough Birds..

Sorry,

Cheers!

4. KillerPanda200

KillerPanda200 New Egg

Oct 10, 2016
    Thanks for the help, I still don't know what happened but thankfully my other is still going strong, and sorry for the lack of info, I didn't know much about it myself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by