Side effects of Parasite spray??? Or what??

Alex saeed

In the Brooder
May 7, 2021
I have brougth a new rooster as the rooster i earlier had became infertile and on noticing this i went to market and purchased a new one. After 3,4 days i by chance picked the rooster up and noticed that it was full of parasites that were not moving but stuck to its skin. All over his body. Around the neck, under the features, under vent area. The skin was reddish at some places and at some places it had become blue. I googled the issue and came up with plan to prepare a mixture of garlic water, apple cider vinegar and oil to spray the rooster.
Uptil this point rooster was looking perfectly fine with no apparent signs of issue . But as soon as i sprayed the rooster he became letharigc, itchy , unable to run and i have seen him trembling as well during walk, very lethargic . But he is eating and drinking still. Shaking his head continously and peeking his body.
This happened yesterday morning and at lasy night i again repeated the process i have noticed that some parasites under his arms have died but still he is very very lethargic and showing same symptoms as i discussed earlier. What advice you give me as i am very new to this field

Last edited:
I have brougth a new rooster as the rooster i earlier had became infertile and on noticing this i went to market and purchased a new one. After 3,4 days i by chance picked the rooster up and noticed that it was full of parasites that were not moving but stuck to its skin. All over his body. Around the neck, under the features, under vent area. The skin was reddish at some places and at some places it had become blue. I googled the issue and came up with plan to prepare a mixture of garlic water, apple cider vinegar and oil to spray the rooster.
Uptil this point rooster was looking perfectly fine with no apparent signs of issue . But as soon as i sprayed the rooster he became letharigc, itchy , unable to run and i have seen him trembling as well during walk, very lethargic . But he is eating and drinking still. Shaking his head continously and peeking his body.
This happened yesterday morning and at lasy night i again repeated the process i have noticed that some parasites under his arms have died but still he is very very lethargic and showing same symptoms as i discussed earlier. What advice you give me as i am very new to this field
Can you get some photos of the bugs you are seeing on him?

Are they sticktight fleas, lice/mites?
How old is this rooster?

Speculation on my part - Sounds like he has gone into some type of shock. Possibly the mixture applied agitated the bugs and they dug in deeper/biting him even more.
If he were mine, I would get a Permethrin dust or use Sevin. Put it in a sock or pantyhose and powder puff dust him, making sure the powder gets under the feathers, around the vent, etc.
Him shaking his head sounds like they are in the ears. Carefully, rub a bit of dust around the face and ears.
Direct dose him with poultry vitamins - Poultry Cell would be good, 1cc per 3 pounds of weight, get him hydrated, then offer a wet mash of food with bits of egg.
Just My 2¢

Yes he got it 100 percent right. I have searched it and they are exactly what the rooster has
Then you need to treat with Permethrin.
The garlic and oil mix is not going to work. Your rooster likely has Flea Toxicity. Kill the bugs, then remove them with tweezers.
Get some vitamins into him. Get him hydrated.

Can you get some photos of the bugs you are seeing on him?

Are they sticktight fleas, lice/mites?
How old is this rooster?

Speculation on my part - Sounds like he has gone into some type of shock. Possibly the mixture applied agitated the bugs and they dug in deeper/biting him even more.
If he were mine, I would get a Permethrin dust or use Sevin. Put it in a sock or pantyhose and powder puff dust him, making sure the powder gets under the feathers, around the vent, etc.
Him shaking his head sounds like they are in the ears. Carefully, rub a bit of dust around the face and ears.
Direct dose him with poultry vitamins - Poultry Cell would be good, 1cc per 3 pounds of weight, get him hydrated, then offer a wet mash of food with bits of egg.
Just My 2¢

I do have used pernethrin. I have noticed significant decrease in mites within 24 hours . But my rooster overall is even more weak now. He can barely stand when made to stand . Walks a few steps and then again down to ground. One thing u have not3d that he is eating and drinking enough and his poop is fine as well. He is heads down and sleeping all the time

Buy a talcum that's specialized for flocks. We bought one called clean guard and it works wonders, effective, quick and it doesn't affect the animals. Natural home remedies might be fine when you have little parasites, but if he's infected it might even bring about problems like anemia. Don't risk it.

I do have used pernethrin. I have noticed significant decrease in mites within 24 hours . But my rooster overall is even more weak now. He can barely stand when made to stand . Walks a few steps and then again down to ground. One thing u have not3d that he is eating and drinking enough and his poop is fine as well. He is heads down and sleeping all the time
I agree with the others your animal needs hydration and a highly nutritious feed. I'd give him some cooked fish (trout or tuna) that helped mine a lot.

Back
Top Bottom