Siding material, ventilation, and other coop questions.

Pics
We got roofing materials and paint today! We've started painting the run framing. White trim with barn red. I'll post pics of the whole process once it's all done in a new thread. Coop should be here soon!

IMG-1632.jpg

IMG-1634.jpg

IMG-1636.jpg

OMG tHAT LOOKs AMAZING! your birds are going to be sooooo happy 🥰 🥰 🥰
The whole flock (myself included) is ecstatic! We are going to move them in on wednesday, simply for lack of a proper run. We are focusing on finishing painting the run frames so that we can put them together on wednesday after I get home from school. They're going to love the space, and I'm going to love being able to actually fit in the coop/run! My parents are going to love no more poopy eggs.

Finally!!! WooHoo!! :wee

Are the soffits open for ventilation?
Gonna need some latches for the nest lid.
I don't believe so. It was suggested that we should drill some holes up there + add hc if we have ventilation issues.
Latches are going to be obtained. Would a spring loaded hook+eye be good?

I don't believe so. It was suggested that we should drill some holes up there + add hc if we have ventilation issues.
Take some pics of the soffit area, inside and out. Hopefully they are not block between rafters. Better to do it now rather than wait until your coop interior is covered in frost.
I see no ventilation except those windows, which will probably need to be closed during winter...unless the top sash opens from the the top.

Latches are going to be obtained. Would a spring loaded hook+eye be good?
Hasps are better, with caribineers...more secure and easier to operate in winter.
Will need protection from ice and snow, best to tuck them(2) under the edge of lid in front.

Back
Top Bottom