Siding material, ventilation, and other coop questions.

Pics
The framing for the walls of the run is done. We can't assemble them because the run would be in the way of the coop, but they are easy enough to move. In multiple home depots we could only find one roll of hardware cloth, 3'x25'. I'm assuming we should prioritize under the coop and the bottom of the sides of the run. for the top of the sides of the run should we use welded wire, which of course is everywhere, until ordered hardware cloth comes? How should we attach that for the temporary use?

We've also put cinderblocks down and made sure those are level to have a level surface for the coop and run to sit on.

The framing for the walls of the run is done. We can't assemble them because the run would be in the way of the coop, but they are easy enough to move. In multiple home depots we could only find one roll of hardware cloth, 3'x25'. I'm assuming we should prioritize under the coop and the bottom of the sides of the run. for the top of the sides of the run should we use welded wire, which of course is everywhere, until ordered hardware cloth comes? How should we attach that for the temporary use?
I ordered my hardware cloth online, it was cheaper than the ones i could find in store
I only got 10ft though, since that was all I needed.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Acorn-I...4-ft-x-50-ft-Hardware-Cloth-HC24850/300180179

Screws and washers.
No pics of frames?
What size lumber did you use?
Did you try ordering HC from amazon?
2x4 lumber for frames. I'll get pics later. Basically a 6x6 square with a cross piece (centered)
We just ordered HC from amazon, but I'm not sure when it will come.
Is there a less permanent way than screws and washers for temporary use? Like staples+zip ties or something?

2x4 lumber for frames. I'll get pics later. Basically a 6x6 square with a cross piece (centered)
We just ordered HC from amazon, but I'm not sure when it will come.
Is there a less permanent way than screws and washers for temporary use? Like staples+zip ties or something?
Screws and washers would be the easiest and quickest way to put the fencing up and remove. Staples would take forever to pull out. Plus you can reuse the screws and washers on the hc.

Back
Top Bottom