Sifting the sands of time.

ChickenChaser34432

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 31, 2011
At Liberty Farm
he.gif
I follow my posts and replies to my posts via profile/show all posts. I have to say when I have to look throught all my posts..even very old, very dead ones it feels like TOTALLY annoying. I like things neat and organized and streamlined. If there is a better way 4me to follow posts tell me as I am willing to try another tactic. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
I was trying to find a post I made a few months ago... forget it. Even though I had the forum name, the thread name (still an active thread), and my own user name, the search engine refused to find the post. I don't know if the posts are archived after that long, or if it was a failure of the search engine. It wasn't worth a headache, blurred eyes, and mouse cramp to sift through all my post on my Profile page to find it.

I'm guessing that BYC doesn't let members delete their posts because it might delete useful information other members might need, and because it keeps the threads themselves from becoming too confusing. No, it isn't perfect, but it's better than the confusion that comes with deleted posts.
tongue.png

It might also be helpful if you described what you dislike about the current "show your posts" setup in a bit more detail. Maybe I'm slow, but I couldn't figure out exactly what you meant.
hide.gif

When looking for your posts via your Profile...

If you are looking for a specific thread...click on SHOW ALL TOPICS...this will get you to only the threads that you started.

Clicking on SHOW ALL POSTS will get you to any and all threads that you've ever posted on whether you started them or not.

I use almost nothing but subscribing to a topic, then "Show your subscribed posts." If I know I will want to refer to a post again, mine or another's, I bookmark and rename the bookmark.

Back
Top Bottom