*sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em)

Dear Queen Em, just one question! Does Royal Executioner pay better than this current gig? Actually, if I wear a black hood with the axe, no one would even know that it's me swinging the blade!
The only problem I foresee is that I may not give some people the best defense since I'll need to keep the side job going as well. Nah, not a problem, off with their head! I'm in full agreement that those that want to "import" snow should be punished! Bleeck!
Except for Bunny, I doubt we have a chopping block that small!

Perry

Last edited:
Alaskan what jobs are there in your vast wilderness? other than hosting dog sled races, people whom come there seasonally for the hunting/fishing and touring the (dare I say it) the iceburgs and tundra? Or oil and fishing jobs? I knew a few girls whom traveled back and fourth a few fishing seasons and worked in a cannery there, made pretty good $$$ compared to the wages here and that helped put them through college. I would assume there are the standard gas station, retail store, mechanic jobs that you find any where else. Other than a hand full of gold mines, is there any other mining up there? or Factories????

Off with Wisher' s head!!
Uh, oh.
hide.gif

Bush Chickens, you mustn't say this. Only Queen Em
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
can make such a decree. She might think you are trying on her crown for size and take away the temptation - i.e, your head!

And I didn't import the snow. I just found it here - is it so wrong to want to play with it?
idunno.gif

Last edited:
My gaming den is down south towards the equator, trust me, I've had ENOUGH of this warm weather recently!
barnie.gif
Maybe you are having the wrong sort of warm weather fun? I will help you think of good warm weather activities: Swimming in warm water, outside Water balloon fights Dancing in sprinklers Rolling in hay Jello parties Singing loudly in clouds of Mosquitos Swatting large black flies Uh...... Uh..... Something happened to my list :rolleyes: Old rooster, Super hot so that the water balloons are full ice ice cubes is a GREAT idea!

Alaskan, you forgot a few things like
flowering tomato, pepper and cucumber plants
skeeters the size of buzzards
windows (with screens) wide open
no-see-ums

Here in the south, you take the good with the bad!

Alaskan what jobs are there in your vast wilderness? other than hosting dog sled races, people whom come there seasonally for the hunting/fishing and touring the (dare I say it) the iceburgs and tundra? Or oil and fishing jobs? I knew a few girls whom traveled back and fourth a few fishing seasons and worked in a cannery there, made pretty good $$$ compared to the wages here and that helped put them through college. I would assume there are the standard gas station, retail store, mechanic jobs that you find any where else. Other than a hand full of gold mines, is there any other mining up there? or Factories????

I am lost and confused......this sounds like a SERIOUS question, where the asker is expecting a fully truthful answer......

Alaskan is not sure that Alaskan is capable of such things.

Uh... Uh.....

Alaskan will try to be truthful and tap into RL facts in order to answer

Achem.......
Most mining is gold. Gold is good and helps us get heat, also, it is sparkly.

We have much oil industry stuff, as well as the related stuff, like natural gas

All fishing jobs pay great money, if you are lucky enough to find the fish, and have a body in good enough shape to abuse heavily. It is always a crap shoot.... Even if you make lots of money, you better save it since you might make no money for the next nine months.

There is also trapping here, for furs.

There is a small area of Alaska (NOT where Alaskan lives, Alaskan lives where the summers are cold, poor Alaskan) that is toasty in the summer, and they grow lots of potatoes and carrots etc. as well as hay.

We also have lots of forest industry.

But Alaskan does not think that we have factories. But then, Alaskan lives in a small town. We have elk ranches for those that are tired of moose, and a slaughterhouse. We have fish canneries. We have a winnery that makes wine out of rhubarb, and a meadery, and a brewery. We also have a berry place that will buy any berries that you gather and then they put them into chocolate.

We have art galleries for the tourists.

We have lots of bars. :D

Back
Top Bottom