<sigh> My ducks are not happy with me...

What fencing did you use? If it is chickenwire, Raccoons, dogs can tear right thru it.
sad.png
(they have all night). If you really want it predator proof, add hotwire, 6" offset on bottom(with stakes, you can drill a hole in plastic water pipe or buy the ones for dogs.) or offset electric fence connectors .And may want to add one further up.....Just trying to prevent tragedy.....
hide.gif

That's a beautiful pen.

They aren't hollering because they want out. They are hollering because they are happy to see you.

My ducks have never lived anywhere else (except the brooder) and they run to meet me and quack their heads off. What they want is the food I am bringing them, not to get out.

Quote:
Yes it is 1" mesh chicken wire. I had two Rotwilers in the yard previously that could not get thru it, and I think it would take a raccoon a while and since I don't normally go to bed till after midnight.... Normally, the ducks or the guineas will make some noise back there if they get spooked. Since my area is dead quiet at night there is a good chance I will hear any kind of rukus and come looking. I do plan on adding a hotwire eventually.

Oh, the IBC is just for clean water. I will be trying to collect rain water off the roof and use it for the birds and plants in the spring/summer/fall.. In the winter I will either be using the outside faucet or toting water from inside the house.
smile.png

I think the reaction is pretty typical.. i mean ours had to adjust to there barn after living in a horse trailer overnight for most of the summer.. ducks like consistency.. now they love there barn.. and the roof of it to(those hens)
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom