Sigh, my whole flock is dissapearing!

Well a few weeks ago i think i had 8 hens, a pullet, and two roosters. Right now, ive got one roo and three hens, and who knows what the count will be tomorrow. They seem to be dissapearing one at a time, but today am missing two.

They free range, and have to say the pen is a bit unprotected at night, but believe me when i say, I have NEVER had this problem! my only problem has been hawks and only for the small ones. The flock is sooooooo good about protecting themselves, i just dont understand! Im guessing its happening at night, and there is a new predator around, but heres the problem, there are no feather piles, no blood, no remains. What could be doing this? I live in south jersey, and i know we have foxes, bobcats. What would take them and leave no trace, and come back every other night?

AACK! Anyone want to come help me fix my pen???

I am very sad, by the way
sad.png
Some of my favorites are gone, and im worried about my super awesome rooster.....

I am having the same problem and I have never had a chicken go missing for a year and a half!!
sad.png
What is doing this?? Please if you have any info please,please share with me!! Thanks AnimalLady123

I am having the same problem and I have never had a chicken go missing for a year and a half!!
sad.png
What is doing this?? Please if you have any info please,please share with me!! Thanks AnimalLady123

Hello AnimalLady123 - This is an older thread that you have posted on, from 2010. No problem, i have done this a hundred times myself. :) i'm just concerned you won't get the help you need. My suggestion is to start a new thread in the Predators and Pests section. Please give details about your set up, like your pen and coop, and if you free range. Then describe how you are losing your chickens. Do you find body parts, or are they missing all together? The more detailed you can be the better able folks can help. There are lots of experienced people on this board who can help you secure your coop, pen, and flock. Good luck. Please let me know if i can help in any way. Colleen

Back
Top Bottom