Sigh. Neighbors having work done.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MagsC, Jan 14, 2010.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Usually its very quiet around here in the afternoons but Max (chow cross) is having a cow because he hears "strangers" out in the back of the neighbors. I can distract him with a frozen peanut butter filled Kong for a bit, but he sure is intent on letting THEM know HE knows they are there!!
    He listens when I tell him "Shhhh" but for some reason one of the guys voices really sets him off.
    Anybody else have discriminating dogs,lol, and what are some other ways to take their focus off what is happening outside, just for a bit.(He gets absolutely furious.)

2. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    I had a catahoula curr dog that absolutely hated one of my best friends. Usually a mild mannered dog, when this guy showed up she would go beserk. So yes, I have had a dog that was a bigot. By the way my best friend was from Texas, evidently she didn't like aggies.

3. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    Can you find out how long they are working and perhaps take him for a walk while they work?

I don't have any ideas if they will be working for a long time.

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well, looks as if they werent over there very long.
    Yep, that might be a good idea to take him out of the house on a walk when they show up. Its definitely been nice enough for it.
    Though I usually walk him VERY early in the morning because he isnt a people fan and everyone thinks he looks so nice and cuddly...until he fixes them with a stare and barks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by