Sign language anyone?? (video added)

Quote:
Too bad...we don't have ANY Deaf folks out here. It's that small a town! I wish we did...I'd be able to practice my sign with them. I wish you lived close by!

Pedro

paganfish - wow, thanks
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
By the "facial gestures" do you mean I looked stressed? I kinda' was
lol.png

Pedro - You are so sweet and encouraging!
smile.png

Grace - The university I am going to in Chickasha has a Deaf Education program, a very good one from what I've heard. You should come here when you can! My sister is taking it at the high school, its fairly new to the school. I can't watch your video here at home, but I'll check it out when I can get to another computer.

Quote:
No...not stressed. Although who could blame you!

No, I mean you seemed too focused on the hands that you might have forgotten gestures. They play a HUGE part in sign but, don't worry too much about that now. It'll come in time. I was not criticizing you...well, I was but constructively.

Just relax (as best you can) and it will all be that much easier. I had to learn that too...relax. You have the potential! I am sure you've heard this before...right?

You are fine. KEEP AT IT!

Pedro
cool.png

Last edited:
Graceful ! How did you know I have just not thought about going back into sign classes WOW........ took one course millions of years ago and I mean millions,like BEFORE you were born
big_smile.png
OH how I want to know signing....you looked great........ keep on going.......it is a wonderful thing to know........

I used to teach beginning and intermediate sign language in the adult ed night classes in the local high schools. I never could find enough classes to get better myself and although I can still sign, I'm so rusty, I bet I'd be lost trying to comprehend it signed back to me.

okiechick57, thanks, it is pretty fun
smile.png

speckledhen, yeah, I would have to find a place to use it right away, so I wouldn't forget
hmm.png

Quote:
Another thing.

If where you live is sizable town/city you could probably check out the library, coffee houses or bookstores - bulletin boards.

Sometimes, coffee shops hold a "Deaf Night". Where folks who are Deaf and the hearing can communicate.

Also, If you're taking ASL classes in school they might have some ideas as to where you can go to get involved with the Deaf community.

It is a great that your taking it but it's the best practice is in signing to DEAF folks. Trust me, I learned the MOST from them.

To me it's not just a language...it's a whole NEW world. Whole new set of rules (vocabulary), culture and history.

How exciting for you. I wanna hear MORE!

Pedro

Back
Top Bottom