I've almost got block #2 complete! Lol I'm moving slow, so personally kind of glad not a ton of sign up. Lol
Btw, on a different note, I think my rooster just tried to mate with my turkey!!! LOL

I'm doing the center ribbon parts first since that is the tedious part and a have several done. The orchid border will go fast once the hard part is done.

Really trying hard not to get distracted w/ learning new Tunisian stitches. I had only known about the basic stitch had no idea all the cool stitches and textures you could do w/ the Tunisian hook.

I'm doing the center ribbon parts first since that is the tedious part and a have several done. The orchid border will go fast once the hard part is done.

Really trying hard not to get distracted w/ learning new Tunisian stitches. I had only known about the basic stitch had no idea all the cool stitches and textures you could do w/ the Tunisian hook.

What are the "Tunisian" stitches?

I've never tried that stitch before but might have to after seeing your block Kass. It looks pretty neat. Is it worked by leaving the last loop on the hook then using it in the next row of stitches or something like that? I might have to go watch youtube if i try it, always easier for me to watch someone do something.

Only 3 days left for sign ups did anyone have any other family or friends that was interested in joining?

I've never tried that stitch before but might have to after seeing your block Kass. It looks pretty neat. Is it worked by leaving the last loop on the hook then using it in the next row of stitches or something like that? I might have to go watch youtube if i try it, always easier for me to watch someone do something.

Only 3 days left for sign ups did anyone have any other family or friends that was interested in joining?
Yes, definitely watch the videos. I've done the basic stitch for years and once you get the hang of it it is very easy. It is hard to explain w/ words, as you work your way to the lt of the work you are keeping the yarn on the hook, then as you work your way back you are yarning off the hook. It give a texture you can't get any other way. And appearantly many textures I didn't know about until looking online to refresh my memory of how to do the basic stitch for this project. The basic stitch is also the easiest way to "make a picture" w/ crocheting stitches.

It is a really cool technique to learn, you can do stuff w/ it you can't w/ any other form of crochet. The basic stitch is easy, it only gets tedious when you are doing yarn color changes to make pictures. I have only learned the basic stitch so don't know anything about the other stitches.

Back
Top Bottom