Is anyone else having trouble with predators already? We've got a Bobcat that's been seen multiple times in the middle of the day lately, including twice today. We locked all the birds up after the first time but she came back about an hour later and managed to scare two out over the 7ft fence and ripped the tail off one of them. Thankfully the hen is mid-molt so everything popped right out and she got away. Kinda thinking she has a den or something just past our neighbors because they've seen her more than we have. It just seems really early in the year for babies and totally bizarre that she's out in the middle of the day.

Is anyone else having trouble with predators already? We've got a Bobcat that's been seen multiple times in the middle of the day lately, including twice today. We locked all the birds up after the first time but she came back about an hour later and managed to scare two out over the 7ft fence and ripped the tail off one of them. Thankfully the hen is mid-molt so everything popped right out and she got away. Kinda thinking she has a den or something just past our neighbors because they've seen her more than we have. It just seems really early in the year for babies and totally bizarre that she's out in the middle of the day.

Cant' really say, but I will offer this.

1. check the area you can and remove any places she/he can den up.

2. If you can put up a cover so they can't jump over it.

3. If there is a man in the house have him start "marking" his territory. I realize there are those who may find this unorthodox but the science is there. When you consider they sell fox urine and coyote urine etc. etc. it makes perfect sense. Of course treatment will have to be repeated and as often as he can, in a broad area too.

For me so far so good.

Cant' really say, but I will offer this.

1. check the area you can and remove any places she/he can den up.

2. If you can put up a cover so they can't jump over it.

3. If there is a man in the house have him start "marking" his territory. I realize there are those who may find this unorthodox but the science is there. When you consider they sell fox urine and coyote urine etc. etc. it makes perfect sense. Of course treatment will have to be repeated and as often as he can, in a broad area too.

For me so far so good.

Haha! I like option #3!!!!! HAHAHAHH!

And yes, Bleenie, my parents had a mink weasel (no pun intended) into their coop and get a pullet...

Last edited:

Would this square be a problem. It's quite open. This is 61/2 ". I would put two more rounds on it to finish it off. I may use another color other than white.

It was rather tricky to figure out how to go around it to get the corners right.

I'm not sure all my squares will be this design. I may do a few smaller ribbon appliques.

Someone here did a "pop corn" square which I did like but can't find the pattern for it.

Would this square be a problem. It's quite open. This is 61/2 ". I would put two more rounds on it to finish it off. I may use another color other than white.

It was rather tricky to figure out how to go around it to get the corners right.

I'm not sure all my squares will be this design. I may do a few smaller ribbon appliques.

Someone here did a "pop corn" square which I did like but can't find the pattern for it.

I think it's very pretty. I did all my squares the same color. This was my first time so I'll know better if I do something like this again. My outside is dark orchid and the whole middle is violet - Hodgkins Lymphoma.

I wouldn't mind it Rancher, it's pretty cool! Thank you for the tips. We haven't seen him back again today but think he's somewhere back behind our neighbors property. We're very much in the country and situated right at the bottom of a hillside so there's about a million places he could be. The birds are just gonna have to stay in for a while unless they're supervised. The hen that got grabbed was looking pretty drained today, i think mainly because she's having such a hard molt and the attack scared her so bad. she's hanging out in an empty brooder until she starts acting normal again anyway.

How is everyone else doing on their squares? We have just 8 days until the shipping deadline. I still have to get mine finished, been super busy working on stuff for donation.

Clock is winding down! :) Yay! Quick question... is everyone including a brief story with their blocks? I am planning on giving my afghan to a friend, and all of the associated stories with the blocks would be great for them to read.

Also... After a few years of crocheting I feel like my items are ready to sell... I just set up an Etsy shop! Feel free to check it out, favorite it, and share it on Facebook or Twitter! We crochet folks gotta take care of one other! :) Also, any feedback would be appreciated :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DrautzNeedlework

Quote:

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and still praying for a successful surgery. A couple more days.
hugs.gif
Quote:I definitely see them as pets... but also understand the circle of life... I also don't name my chickens until I'm sure they are either a) a hen that is staying with us, or b) a rooster we keep that won't be sold or go into the birdie boiler. Once they get a name, it makes it much harder to lose one. Needless to say... my rooster's name was Rufio... :) Thanks for the support! The good thing is that I threw in four of his eggs into the bator! Yay!

Quote:Same here! Good luck!
Thanks everyone!! I had my surgery Monday morning. Not sure what day it is, but I'm guessing Tuesday. So long as I remember to take my pain meds on time, in so ok.

Back
Top Bottom