Signs of egg bound but can't feel an egg -- help!

MandalaMaMa

Songster
6 Years
Jul 9, 2013
southern Oregon coast
I have a 2 year old Wyandotte that has all the signs of being egg bound but we can't feel an egg. She has been acting different for 2 days now. Sitting on the ground, this morning she wasn't eating like normal, poop is really watery and she is contracting like she is trying to lay an egg. Today we have given her 2 soaks in warm water and feed her calcium mixed with a little cottage cheese, twice. She ate that fine. While bathing her, I massaged her lower part but didn't feel anything like an egg -- was just soft. We have also used Vaseline and checked her vent internally but felt nothing. Went in at least 2". I have her isolated from the rest of the flock. She hasn't laid for at least 3 days. This is just not normal for her. The thing I'm questioning is that we can't feel an egg -- can it be up higher or is it something else?

I know this is an old post but I am having the exact same issue with my chicken.....please any advice I don't know what else to do I can't feel an egg but she is acting egg bound. Thanks

**update......unfortunately she has passed ....not sure what happened if anyone has experienced this and knows please let me know.....sad day****

Last edited:
Yes sue please tell me more about it....it happened so fast she waa fine thueday night than when I came home from work she was acting weird I found her laying in the yard trying to lay an egg I moved her in the coop than last night I brought her in and started treating her and she died this morning ...it is a Heartbreaker my email is [email protected]. ...thank you.

Back
Top Bottom