Sigrid van Dort articles in English?

David Hancox, I believe byc member blackdotte, is the co-author of the Genetics of Chicken Colours book. Contact him. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you obtain a copy. That's where I got my book.

I do not have any stock left, Jerry of North American Serama Council had a few last time we spoke, I don't think Sigi has any left either.
I am not aware of any publisher that has shown any interest in a second edition.
David

I also got mine from Jerry a month or so ago. When I contacted him, he said he had two left. I definitely want the second one also! Most of it is over my head, but it is still worth it!

David, thanks for posting. I hope you are still seeking a publisher. The book is awesome and I'm sure as more folks become intrigued in the genetics of poultry, it will be very much in demand.

Thanks for the leads everyone. I will check with Jerry.
fl.gif
I do hope Sigrid is able to put out a second edition. I'm surprised to hear she is having trouble with a publisher.

I have scoured the net and have downloaded or bookmarked every article of hers I can find. I have around 20 PDFs so far, but not all in English. You can also find lots of great articles in English at: http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/indexUK.html Maybe everyone here already knows that.....

Henk, I looked over those two articles again and what I got out of them was that dominant white could appear with isabella or porcelain and affect the coloring, but the effects are subtle and she was showing what to look for. Do I understand that correctly? When she talks about "pearl" what color is that on the chicken calculator? The article didn't answer my question which is how to differentiate between isabel and gold?

Back
Top Bottom