Silence Is Not Golden Here

Even with them being so young?
Or should I wait till 4 months
Lets put it this way, if you put them in now, the hens and pullets will teach them some manners. If you wait they will be unmannered balls of feathers and hormones. It is better they get established in the pecking order before they get their hormones.

That damn dog got ahold of another chicken today... Crusher isn't as injured as bad as the last one, but she still has a good sized gash on her neck. She's been cleaned up, medicated, and quarantined in the house. I'm debating on whether or not she needs to be stitched up or not... But I want to make sure she didn't get flies before i close her up.
I've talked to this neighbor and she says that she's not gonna do anything about the dog. She said that it's not really her dog, but a drop off that she feeds. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do at this point.

That damn dog got ahold of another chicken today... Crusher isn't as injured as bad as the last one, but she still has a good sized gash on her neck. She's been cleaned up, medicated, and quarantined in the house. I'm debating on whether or not she needs to be stitched up or not... But I want to make sure she didn't get flies before i close her up.
I've talked to this neighbor and she says that she's not gonna do anything about the dog. She said that it's not really her dog, but a drop off that she feeds. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do at this point.
Animal control?

Follow the SSS protocol.

Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

If that doesn't work for you, look up your state laws. In my state, if an animal (dog/cat) has been seen savaging/menacing livestock on your property, they can be legally shot. If you have witnessed an attack on your animals, the dog can be impounded, euthanized and the "owner" (the person who cares for them) has to pay restitution and fines.

Follow the SSS protocol.

Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

If that doesn't work for you, look up your state laws. In my state, if an animal (dog/cat) has been seen savaging/menacing livestock on your property, they can be legally shot. If you have witnessed an attack on your animals, the dog can be impounded, euthanized and the "owner" (the person who cares for them) has to pay restitution and fines.

That's what my aunt has suggested/volunteered. She's also volunteered to pick him up and drop him off in the town limits for their animal control to pick him up. You can't drop animals off at the town's shelter here, which is where this problem came from in the first place. If there was a place that people could surrender their animals for free, there wouldn't be so many dogs roaming around.

That's what my aunt has suggested/volunteered. She's also volunteered to pick him up and drop him off in the town limits for their animal control to pick him up. You can't drop animals off at the town's shelter here, which is where this problem came from in the first place. If there was a place that people could surrender their animals for free, there wouldn't be so many dogs roaming around.
I bet as soon as the dog "disappears" your neighbor will be up asking what happened to "her dog".

Back
Top Bottom