Silicone in Incubators

deviljho

Chirping
Aug 15, 2019
So I've had to repair my DIY incubator with Silicone, only thing is is is not aquarium safe. Should it still be fine for the incubator? Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, IDK if it is or not.

I'm worried about toxicity was all. If it doesn't break down in heat (Cuz it's on the inside) and release toxic chemicals into the air I'm happy.

I'm worried about toxicity was all. If it doesn't break down in heat (Cuz it's on the inside) and release toxic chemicals into the air I'm happy.

I have several silicone baking items so I think it would be safe I would just allow it to cure completely and leave it open to off-gas if it's on interior parts.

Right now the Lid (Where the silicone is) is curing outside. The incubator has plastic tarp over it right now. Thank you!

The Duct Tape wasn't holding the glass under the heat so I'm using Silicone this time

Right now the Lid (Where the silicone is) is curing outside. The incubator has plastic tarp over it right now. Thank you!

The Duct Tape wasn't holding the glass under the heat so I'm using Silicone this time

I think it should work much better than the duct tape! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom