Silike Chick Sexing

@Sulky Bantam @Kiraeh @OneHappyRooster @SBFChickenGirl @Eggcessive @LadiesAndJane @Silkielee

Hey everyone, I decide to post a video on the mystery silike gender, I was curious if anyone might be able to tell the gender from the voice perhaps?

Also this picture below is our polish chicken who is about three (nearly four) months old next to our silike who is five months old today. We're pretty sure the polish is a boy, because oh boy is he a lot taller then the silike but I'm not sure if that means if the silike is a girl or not. I know girls tend to be smaller but I'm not sure snice they're are different breeds of chicken so the silike might develop slower then a polish

20201202_015335.jpg

Last edited:
I still think that silkie is a girl and also the polish. At that age you should have some red waddles on a polish cockerel, and crowing. Clear saddle and hackle feathers. Here's one of my polish boys at around 4 months.
PXL_20201023_195312350.MP.jpg

He has no comb, but big red waddles, long saddle feathers(the drooping ones right in front of his tail). He has a big tail he's carrying pretty high and his while body is more upright than a pullet. I culled this rude lad not long after taking this picture, he was harassing the girls and crowing nonstop.

And here's my silkie cockerel at that age:
IMG_20200826_185726.jpg

It's a bit harder to tell with him, and you can see he's not a good quality silkie, but those streamers are long and spiky, and distinct from the regular head feathers. A show quality silkie could still be hard to tell at this age, they can have really varied development. But backyard or hatchery, not so much.

@Sulky Bantam @Kiraeh @OneHappyRooster @SBFChickenGirl @Eggcessive @LadiesAndJane @Silkielee

Hey everyone, I decide to post a video on the mystery silike gender, I was curious if anyone might be able to tell the gender from the voice perhaps?

Also this picture below is our polish chicken who is about three (nearly four) months old next to our silike who is five months old today. We're pretty sure the polish is a boy, because oh boy is he a lot taller then the silike but I'm not sure if that means if the silike is a girl or not. I know girls tend to be smaller but I'm not sure snice they're are different breeds of chicken so the silike might develop slower then a polish

View attachment 2434059
Beautiful pullets :love

Back
Top Bottom