Silkie😍😍

Mya05

Songster
May 10, 2020
Edmond, Oklahoma
We originally bought 3 chicks, 1 week old, in March. One of them was a Silkie. I chose her as mine, and was very saddened when she died two weeks later. We rescued 11 chickens a few weeks ago, and one of them was a beautiful black Silkie!!😍😍She is adorable, and enjoys head scratches! I am in love, and now I want more Silkies!!❤❤❤

Attachments

• 20200919_173636.jpg
    20200919_173636.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 6
I've never had leghorns (not sure how easy they are to get in the UK), but tbh that massive floppy red comb and long red dangly wattles just seem too.....scrotal to me 🤣 So I'll stick with silkies. Polish are my second pick. Adoooooore Polish!!

I've never had leghorns (not sure how easy they are to get in the UK), but tbh that massive floppy red comb and long red dangly wattles just seem too.....scrotal to me 🤣 So I'll stick with silkies. Polish are my second pick. Adoooooore Polish!!
Ha,ha!!! Yeah, I did not think I would like them as much as I do.I used to not like chickens with large combs because it looked a bit freakish to me. LOL!
I got them to pick up the slack of the silkies ; or maybe I should say compensate for what the silkies lack. They lay more often, bigger eggs and don't go broody. So I'll call it chicken balance. That floppy red comb is quite comical now that I have them. It sorta adds to their flighty personality. I'll defiantly always have silkies as long as I have chickens for the cute factor.

Congratulations on your new silkie! Adorable!:)
[/QUO
Ha,ha!!! Yeah, I did not think I would like them as much as I do.I used to not like chickens with large combs because it looked a bit freakish to me. LOL!
I got them to pick up the slack of the silkies ; or maybe I should say compensate for what the silkies lack. They lay more often, bigger eggs and don't go broody. So I'll call it chicken balance. That floppy red comb is quite comical now that I have them. It sorta adds to their flighty personality. I'll defiantly always have silkies as long as I have chickens for the cute factor.
I didn't think I would like Leghorns, mostly because of their flighty nature, but we have one Hen who is quite brave and inquisitive. She will also sit calmly in my lap😳😊

Chicken Balance. I like it.

Back
Top Bottom