silkie and orp crosses....* UPDATE*

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
**UPDATED ON POST #14**

ok im guessing at 3 months old these guys should be easy to sex..right? wrong! im still doubting myself..i first thought 3 girls 1 boy but am now thinking 2 girls 2 boys?

any opinions will be greatfully received!

chick 1 (sorry could only get 1 pic, the little bugger ran off!)

100_8245.jpg

chick 2

100_8246.jpg

100_8247.jpg

chick 3

100_8250.jpg

100_8251.jpg

chick 4

100_8252.jpg

100_8253.jpg

100_8249.jpg

Last edited:
It is hard to tell without direct pics of some combs. Does chick 2 have a single comb? If so, I would guess hen as it it is not very large or red. Chick number three has a very bright red comb but it is more of a walnut type so I'm going with roo on that one. He is in my opinion the best looking of the bunch! The last one looks like a hen and I cannot guess on the first without a good head shot as it appears to have little red wattles.

chick one has a single comb...pink and small...chick 2 has a single comb...almost non existant and black. chicks 3 and 4 have a sort of 'button' (pea?) comb? chick 3's is red chick 4's is black...

droolin.gif
I WANT ONE!!!I am not very good at sexing....I had a roo that I swore was girl even after he/she crowed!! I would bet though that chick #2 is a pullet as well as chick #1..mabye Roo on #3..what pretty colors on that one!! Chick #4 looks like pullett..I do not see any red comb but again...not sure! Good luck and BTW...did I mention I want one? They are pretty!

thank you
big_smile.png
they were a group of 18 but sadly its been a catastrophic journey for them and these are the only 4 survivors to get to this stage
smile.png

I can't make a guess on #1. #2 I think is a pullet, #3 a roo, and #4 a pullet. At 3 months, the saddle feathers should be starting to come in. You may have to look under the existing juvenile feathers to see them. They would be located across the back right in front of the tail. If the chick is a roo, you will see pointy, shiny feathers just starting to come in.

sadly i dont have any brahmas
smile.png
so a brahma cross is impossible here, but i can see why you think that with those colours

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom