Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

I'm selling some of my extra shipping boxes here in the BYC classifieds if anyone needs some. :D
Will you fill them with some of your beautiful silkies before you send them? If so, I'm in!
celebrate.gif

Will you fill them with some of your beautiful silkies before you send them? If so, I'm in!
celebrate.gif
That's always an option.
wink.png

I have a silkie chick that has 3 toes forward and 1 toe back on both feet! How common is that!
hu.gif
tongue.png
Are you saying it only has 4 toes? If it's that one in your avatar, it's definitely not common!
lol.png

x2..
It is one of the reasons I use glass water bottoms only during the first week. Never plastic.

This thread popped up in my email. Not sure why but I'll comment too. I worry about this happening too. I have plastic bottoms but that is all I'll use. I'm home enough that I check on them every few hrs and change their water frequent. At no place is it over 1/4 in or so and I use marbles all over. I'm so glad everything turned out ok. (After a week or so, I'll screw the canning jar on, also want to add that I never have that many chicks in one place, I divide them up for a couple weeks. I keep better track of what's going on with who and hopefully no one gets trampled or squished. Sorry for jump in' in. Sue

So with all the talk about duck feet, I went and checked my birds. I think my newest pullet my have it in one foot. What do you guys think?

Or both feet now that I really look at the picture. She was hatched in November. Any chance she may grow out of it? (Wishful thinking)

Back
Top Bottom