Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Then in that case I would report it - because its possibly somebody elses birds are the carriers - and more will fall sick.  You won't be the typhoid Mary - but its best to keep your birds away from any other flock until you know exactly what you are dealing with.  If somebody else had a bird that had a "cold" and got better, and they brought it in to be tagged for the show... that can be where your birds caught it.  Don't spread it any further.

Thanks! Because two days later we had one die after we got them tagged and then I had another pullet die and now my paint pullet is getting MG.

I've already paid for them.
If you have already paid for your birds to enter, just chalk it up to fate that you cannot show. Think of what you could cost so many others by bringing exposed birds to a show.You really need to think about this from the other exhibitors' viewpoint. Would you want someone to expose YOUR birds ?

If you have already paid for your birds to enter, just chalk it up to fate that you cannot show. Think of what you could cost so many others by bringing exposed birds to a show.You really need to think about this from the other exhibitors' viewpoint. Would you want someone to expose YOUR birds ?

I won't bring them.

Back
Top Bottom