Silkie broodiness

won023

Songster
7 Years
Jan 31, 2017
England
Hi there I’m purchasing a chocolates cuckoo silkie hen soon. The seller stated she has had babies before does this mean she will be broody or extra broody ass I need a broody hen... thanks

Attachments

• 8D0B5DCD-1D05-481B-B7D0-87EF5A9CC8A2.jpeg
    8D0B5DCD-1D05-481B-B7D0-87EF5A9CC8A2.jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 3
She could go broody again if she has gone broody before.
Broodiness is a hormonal thing, and you can't make a hen go broody or even guarantee that one will.

Silkies are generally a broody breed, and since she has been broody before it is very likely that she will be again. I have had silky hens raise as many as 5 broods of chicks in a year.

I have a broody silkie right now...and she's driving me crazy! She sits on everyones eggs......she will roll the egg under her and just collect them if she can. It is bothering my other hens at this point, and my Icelandic laid outside today even though there is room in the nest box for 3 chickens. I might have to just block off the whole nest for a few days.......

I have a broody silkie right now...and she's driving me crazy! She sits on everyones eggs......she will roll the egg under her and just collect them if she can. It is bothering my other hens at this point, and my Icelandic laid outside today even though there is room in the nest box for 3 chickens. I might have to just block off the whole nest for a few days.......
That’s a very broody hen:woot I hope mine turn this broody as she’s apparently raised chicks and gone broody before. All the other hens arnt a broody breed so I hope mine is as broody as your one!

Back
Top Bottom