Silkie Chick?

Fowlty Towers

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 25, 2010
Space Coast, FL
I am such a NEWBIE and have so MUCH to learn!! My son's class incubated and hatched a mixed clutch of eggs. We adopted "Bruno" (what a cutie!) who is almost 4 weeks old and was told it was a silkie. Is it? It seems like it might be mixed with something else when I compare with other pix of young silkies. Any help with an ID and sex (hopefully, it is a she) would be awesome...thanks!!

70458_img_3610.jpg

70458_img_3615.jpg

Looks like a silkie to me. You can be fairly sure by looking at the feet. Most chickens have 4 toes, silkies have 5. It's been ages since I had a young silkie though, so I suppose might possibly be mixed with something else (just wait for a silkie breeder to come on here and confirm). As far as sex, silkies can be difficult to sex even when older, so I have no idea on that.

Here's some updated pictures of our cute fluff ball at 3 months old. Do you think it is a gray silkie still? Still too hard to tell if a roo or hen? Thanks and Happy New Year!!

70458_dsc04478.jpg

70458_dsc04479.jpg

She is nice. I cant tell what gender but if you get a picture of her head sideways, we could see if there are stereamers coming out the back. I suspect female, but may be all wrong.

Looks girlie !! No expert. I have 3 silkies and I LOVE them. Enjoy her or him . I hope the gender is what you want. Good Luck !!

Back
Top Bottom