Silkie chicks (pic heavy)

I built a new brooder for all my chicks sense they'll all be One Month on the 16th.
Their old brooders were getting to small and i wanted to separate the RiRs and the
Leghorns. The far Left and Right brooder are 28 inches wide and 3 feet long.
Middle brooder is 30 inches wide and 3 feet long. Temp. water bowl for RiRs,
until i go to TSC tomorrow. Chicks love it and i do to :)
wee.gif

HELLO, my hen Boo layed an egg but didn't sit on it. So I took it home and incubated it. A chick hatched and is now 16 days old. During the incubation , Boo layed and hatched 10 eggs. Boo is a silkie chicken and I had heard that they are more merciful so I put Zebreina( my chick at home ) with Boo and her 10 chicks. I took Boo off the nest and added Zebreina to the nest. Boo instantly pick up Zebreina up by the neck and toss her off the nest. I attempt this every day but it always ends unsuccessful with Boo tossing Zebreina away. What can I do????

Also , Zebreina think she is human. She follows me , pecks at my lips and refuses to sleep soundlessly without me. When I put her in the coop , she either looks at me and hoots continuously or runs and follows me away. She talks all night unless she is in my bed, ( YES, I kinda started that problem because she was sick on her first night so I made her a dipper and let her curl up with me in bed) I feel LIKE A HORRIBLE MONSTER when I leave her with Boo!

How can I wean her off of thinking she's human and what do I do about Boo rejecting her!!!!!!! :-(

Back
Top Bottom